Monday, May 25, 2009

Simple Bacon

"I had rather be shut up in a very modest cottage, with my books, my family, and a few old friends, dining on simple bacon, and letting the world roll on as it liked, than to occupy the most splendid post, which any human power can give." --Thomas Jefferson
Seth Smiling With Sisters

The Man Who Makes it All Happen

Sunday Avery at The Park

Hazel Finds Refuge in A Flea Market Find (With "her stuff")





Lucy Lu



I think really, of all the things of this earth, of all the earthly things, all I've ever wanted was a "room of one's own". It's what I think of every time I read Jefferson's description of contentedness. I just never expected that it would end up being an actual "modest cottage". We're beside ourselves with joy at this blessing. We'll cross our fingers 'til closing.

Edit to add*****More photies of the place here and here.

8 comments:

Ann said...

we're so happy for you!

You look like mom Jordan--lucky lucky you.

Rebecca said...

I love that quote and feel exactly the same way! I am so very, very happy for the Mangum clan.

jayniemoon said...

Oh congratulations Jordan. Fantastic! Can't wait for the photos of you all living in it.

Karen said...

I hope you don't mind a stranger following your blog. I came across it via Nie Nie's, and I just love all of your photos and songlists!

sara b said...

Just got caught up...your trip to NOLA looks perfect. Sal's twice, really...i am a bit jealous and those iamges left me feeling a bit homesick.

THE COTTAGE....so happy for you. What is your guest room availability? Yes, more pics please.

Jessica said...

We love some TJ--what an appropriate quote. What a thrill for your family! Your FIRST home since getting married and having kids, it's kind of a big deal. I can't wait to see how you enhance an already lovely cottage!

Michelle said...

Yahoo! I'm so happy for you! And that cottage is perfectly perfect. And it looks move in ready! There are so many super cool things from your pictures- it looks like you will have such a great time in that home. Good luck with the closing process! It's really not that bad especially when you feel like you found what you want and you're not going to budge.

Shawna B. said...

That's one of my favorite Jefferson quotes ... and there's a lot to choose from! I'm so pleased my boy will have Jefferson as a middle name! "Simple bacon ..." that's poetry in my book!

LOVE THE COTTAGE!!!