Friday, May 22, 2009

Food





















The New Orleans Goochies (Uncle Scoty's a dentist courtesy LSU) will move away in a matter of days. With the "family draw" diminished, the floodable lovable city won't pop up on our must-visit list quite as often. Maybe Dr. Gooch will hit NOLA's neighborhoods on the periodic conference or two, but for the most part we said a little "goodbye" to our old haunt and tried to sample some of our favorite dining digs. She's got some of the best food in the country, so we made a mere dent, but...besides the ones above, I finally got a taste of Breakfast at Brennan's....mmmmm, double cream.....
Thanks, Big Easy, for always pleasing our palette and for hosting the births of half our progeny!! What a ride it was to cruise between your canals again.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

So glad you had such a great time eating and remembering. What a fun trip for your family. Life with Dr. Gooch was just starting when you moved to NOLA! What a fun reunion.

Rebecca said...

I could use some of that good food! Glad you could show your first two cuties where they started!

Tracy said...

Oh man, I miss beignets! Actually, my hubby has taken to making them at home. I miss Cafe Du Monde beignets (I suppose it's the atmosphere more than anything).

Melissa said...

I can't believe it's been 5 years since I've been to New Orleans. These pictures have made me home sick.....and a bit hungry.

The Comeaux Family said...

I grew up down the street from Sal's. My elementary school was one block over. It was our favorite place to ride our bikes. Still go there on trips home. What a small world...