Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Shifting Focus


For several reasons, into which, here, I will not go, I am letting slip from my fingers this fine farmhouse and her land and wishing well the hands into which it falls. But mostly for Dr. Gooch. My man should know that more room for bare feet in the grass has less value than more face to face with him. A too-long commute would tarnish an expansive view and original architecture won't hold sway when he's often far away. To signal my faith in his fight to provide with fervor, I will relinquish my soul's hold on this plot and make more room. More room for him to dream. My letting go grants permission to him for loosening the reigns of practicality he holds so tight in order to counter my head-in-the-clouds habit and keep all the pieces in place. Thank you for your sensitivity to my swoons. I will now shift focus--as soon as or after I take maybe just one more tiny little look.

10 comments:

Katy said...

So sorry. Though it doesn't seem like it presently, there is another gem of a home out there for you.

Jessica said...

Your perfect home awaits. I am so happy for you and the Goochster that time together was deemed more important than acreage. I know so many families who discount time with dad for a larger home. I don't get it. I like having hubs around. You'll find another swoon worthy home with a short commute for the mister. That said, hugs!

Tracy said...

That is a gorgeous picture...so sorry you have to let go, but it sounds like the right decision. You'll find your dream house eventually!

Dana said...

I wholeheartedly agree with this one reason of yours that you did share.

Daddy time is priceless.

Katy said...

so many banners today!

i like the clovers one. though i'm also partial.

sara b said...

It is dreamy Jordan, but so is time with the hubby. After seeing all the beauty that your neck of the woods has to offer I am certain you will find another farmhouse in no time....hopefully a tad closer to where Dr. Gooch earns the big bucks.

Kurt Knudsen said...

you are wise.

Rebecca said...

Yes. I agree.

Jenny Dahl said...

It's a hunt to find the one that will fit like a glove for all. Maybe the next one.

The Original Mangums said...

The children love "When Daddy Comes Home", seems to be the best time of their day. It was a beautiful home, but you made the right choice. Love you.