Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Like A Pied Piper with Gorgeous Hair



At the end of their day (into which we were graciously accepted), Mr. and Mrs. Roberts retreat to the main room of the house--she at the keys and he at the ready. Her launch into an ultra-allegro version of Mozart's Rondo Alla Turca beckons their children from all corners of the home into a full-scale chase around the sectional, led by the man of the house himself. Then, in a dramatic shift of tone and tempo, his lovely wife (whose lipsticked lips and waist-length hair lend any other woman in the room a tinge of envy) smiles and begins an airy rendition of Chopin's Nocturne. This lulls the littles (and their papa) to leap ballet-style then lounge for reading and prayers.

I was totally taken by this ritual and vowed to adopt it in our own home. Then realized, I wasn't accepted to Juilliard--nor did I even apply, my littles are hopelessly untrained, and...well, I don't have a piano.




11 comments:

Kurt Knudsen said...

Who is that leaping across the hearth?

Natalie said...

Oh I love Ingrid. She is an amazing, accomplished woman. So unassuming. I wish I could have been there to hear her play!

Katy said...

I LOVE IT!

Ingrid said...

Jordan, you are too sweet. It was a treat having you and your littles in our home. I love that leaping photo!!! Fun memories...

Jordan said...

The leap is by Dr. Mike Roberts

Tracy said...

Everyone loves Ingrid! Such a sincerely sweet and truly talented a woman is rare to behold.

Tracy said...

Oh, and I really like your new play list and blog format.

sara b said...

Looks like a really good time. Beautiful places, familiar faces, good food and the beach....what more do you need? Nada!

Alisa said...

Love the dreamy photos and music!

Jessica said...

I love the label for this post.

Gina said...

Oh, what a tradition!