Monday, April 13, 2009

I don't ever remember a new dress on Easter...

So of course my three girls are duly outfitted each April with new twirlable apparel. Similarly and on that note I used to "write in" a middle name--Estella--since I was only Jordan Knudsen on paper. so...my three girls are (in order of appearance) Lucy Fae, Hazel Rae, and Avery Lola. This of course most likely means they will refuse Easter garb to their single-named daughters. But, I digress.

An anonymous donor in Korea sponsored a little trip for my baby sister and I to treat ourselves to a little sumpin' sumpin'. Dr. Gooch was off watching live soccer in Nashville with the Brothers Gooch, so we had my three and her one in tow. Lucy and Hazel were not in the mood to browse women's clothing and household items in a well-known store (for which we drove the hour to Greensboro). Even with a double stroller, my three were not containable this day. Unassuming sister, Ann, fell victim to the cheek-burning task of corralling the rascals in the fitting room while I tried on a new dress. She came off with flying colors and is to be commended (though I may not be invited as her shopping buddy again any time soon)--success or not, though, no one wants to have their cheeks burn in public.

The sister came out empty handed (except for the beauty on her hip) but with hopes for a future find. We fled from the store for closer, more containable quarters in the car just as the rain began--yet, I was anything but under the weather with a freshly bagged sale item slung over my shoulder, alongside the diaper bag:

My first Easter Dress.


16 comments:

Becca said...

VERY pretty.

Kurt Knudsen said...

Glad you are appropriately outfitted for Easter--at last!

Rebecca said...

I think you forgot the blue and white Easter shirt and skirt. What? You don't remember?

Ann said...

Love, love, love that dress. You look stunning. Great style.

Jenny Dahl said...

You are stunning Jordan and the dress is great too! Happy Easter

Kelly and Kelly said...

you look fantastic! and I would drive that far to the same store if I had to!

Jessica said...

I can't even imagine what it is like to be SO stunningly beautiful.

merathon said...

one of my friends at church wore that same dress from anthro on Easter. i loved it on her AND you! (and i hope you got it for the steal of a deal that SHE did!)

Jordan said...

Merathon! Yes, it was a steal!

shawna b. said...

It's perfect! It's so beautifully YOU!

shawna b. said...

PS - I used to write in a middle name, too: Marie. Always wanted a middle name ...
There was also the time when I ditched Shawna all together and just used "Marcia". It didn't last long.

amy m said...

you look beautiful in your easter dress. I actually looked for one this year, but couldn't find one I loved so I gave up. Looks like you scored.

Polly said...

oh no is this the dress you forgot to bring with you for Easter?

Jordan said...

Yes, Polly!

jayniemoon said...

You are beautiful Jordan--as always.

Ingrid said...

Beautiful - you and the dress. Wish we could have seen it LIVE on Easter day!