Tuesday, March 03, 2009

I Love Lucy



Lucy and I agree on many things. Like, it's hard to be a woman. And sometimes, you just can't stop crying and you don't know why. I find myself secretly siding with her. She has that effect on people. She'll reel you in with her rainbow eyebrows hiding just beneath a sweep of blond hair that looks "salon styled" just out of bed. And when you do agree with her she'll give her signature approval: a combination of a tongue click, a wink, and a gunslinger finger point ( irresistible). She has a kindness reserved for her siblings that is hard for them to match. She's a performer eliciting attention and rewarding your applause with the deepest bows.








Quick to apologize. Emotional. A creator and collector. An astonishing admiration for nature with all its bugs, blooms, and baubles from shells to snails. Adores her dad and his indulgence in her dreamworld of dances, princes, and beautiful ballads. Sings a sort of opera (falsetto and all) that might just split your head it two--even better if she can do this staring longingly out a window.





I would never want to imagine a life without her. All joy and jumping, tears and twirls. Her life, four years long today, is a boon to mine.


*all the songs in my featured playlist contain clapping, to applaud our little star!

12 comments:

Kurt Knudsen said...

HURRAH FOR FOUR-YEARS OF LUCY!

Rebecca said...

WHOOPEE for Lucy!! Happy b-day!

Katy said...

Happy Birthday Lucy Fae! Four is a wonderful age!

BRENTandROBIN said...

We love you little Lucy! Happy Happy Birthday!

Love,
Uncle Tom (Brent)
Aunt Robin
& Dakota

Ann said...

Happiest birthday to Lucy Lu!

Ingrid said...

Happy Birthday, Lucy! I remember the day you were born!

michelle said...

Happy birthday to Lucy! (I had no idea she and Eva were so close in age.)

sara b said...

A very sweet post Jordan....well written. That Lucy is surely one of a kind. Happy Birthday!

The Original Mangums said...

Happy Birthday our sweet Lucy! We sure love you. Nana & Papa

Shawna B. said...

I think I love your Lucy, too. Any gal who does a gunslinger is my type of gal. And she LOVES flowers! Yep, my type of gal. Happy, happy birthday, Lucy!

Tracy said...

Was it really just four years ago that I woke to your middle of the night call that you were in labor, and I spent the rest of the night in your bed?

I actually hardly slept at all the rest of that night because I was about eight months along myself, so not only was I uncomfortable, but all I could think about was that whatever you were going through I too would be going through in only four weeks!

Memories, memories. That actually feels like almost a decade ago, not just four short years.

Happy birthday to Lucy. The last time I saw her in person she was only 2 1/2 months old, but she seems a darling as portrayed on your blog.

amy m said...

she looks and sounds like a joy.

happy Birthday.