Monday, January 05, 2009

Roadside photography

I picked up a habit since we moved east. When the kids and I feel a case of the "stir-crazies" coming on we hop in the van for a little pleasure driving. It's even better if I happen to have the camera in the car (well, better for you). On this particular drive I was hunting down some homes I spotted online. I'm optimistic still (as is Dr. Gooch) about our bid for the farmhouse, but I'm trying to keep grounded by also keeping my options open. The day provided a shock-of-blue sky.










this is a way overpriced green home, but so stunning


the foyer (prounounced foy-ay) of this bright beauty caught my eye (on 6 acres)

zoomed in for a better gander
I love front doors, but three front doors?, now that's just cool

10 comments:

TX Girl said...

oohhh can you imagine throwing those doors open to a cool breeze? delightful.

Ha-ha my verifcation word was mundea. Someone has a sense of humor.

Panooch said...

I cannot believe the holidays have passed and we never even saw each other! We should totally meet for a birthday celebration - we have to find something or some place halfway that is cool. I will work on it. As always, I love your photography.

Katy said...

I love the 3 front doors, too. Way cool.

amy m said...

that's a great habit to get into.

The Original Mangums said...

They all look great! Love the 3 front doors!

Ingrid said...

You seriously cannot go wrong with any of these! Still crossing fingers over here and hoping for the best! You live amongst such great beauty. May we visit? ;)

Ingrid said...

Loved your card, by the way!

Tasha said...

When will you find out about the farmhouse? I am crossing my fingers for you all too!

Amy said...

I would love one afternoon driving around your world. I miss the east coast hugely. That kind of charm simply doesn't exist here. But you know that :).

michelle said...

oh my oh my!