Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bitten By the Flea Market

We visited before the "arctic mass" (NPR's term) arrived. But, it was still mighty cheek-chillin' for a whole-family outing. No matter, I was smitten severally (not severly) and came home with this leather red beauty for $5 (it makes the Doctor want to take me bowling).
vintage Pinocchio and Jughead

You've heard of a one-piece, even a 2-piece...




I grew up with one of these stuffed kitties in my home


Dr. Gooch and I agreed, this Amish 9-footer from the 18th century would go well under an 8-foot painting and alongside our 14-footer.

This one's for you Sister K!


Yet another Raleigh Gem

***If you're hungry and you're looking, you can find it here.

13 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That looks like so much fun. The bench is perfect for you!

aubrey said...

what a pretty red bag! i love flea markets!

Natalie said...

Tell Dr. Gooch I collect bowling bags, red ones, cute ones. Actually, I collect REALLY CUTE PURSES....like that one you just bought. So cute! I love it!

Ann said...

That's a steal!

The Original Mangums said...

Next time we are in town, we have to go there! That's my kind of place. Love the purse, etc.

emze said...

A $5 purse! I love it. I love the bench also.

Bunsy said...

That cat is still in my mother's living room. Are you really going to Spain?

Kurt Knudsen said...

I love flea markets.
What happened to that stuffed cat?

Jordan said...

Dad, it probably went the way of the great perpetual garage sale of '08.

Christine, in my dreams. I told Craig I want to take a family vacay there. I'm still in love after my first affair in Coin. You'll have to have a blast for the both of us!

Ingrid said...

Spain sounds lovely. I'm a collector of red bags myself. Love it! Love it! Love it! And that bench is MEANT for you and your farmhouse. (STILL crossing fingers!)

Shawna B. said...

You were wise to buy that bag. Red is always right.

The bench should also be yours.

As should the farmhouse. I think that house loves you, too.

Hannah said...

I don't know what I like more, the bag or the bench. So cool.

michelle said...

We used to have one of those kitties as well! LOVE the bench.