Monday, December 08, 2008

Warm Fuzzy and "One Hundred Somethings"


My parents are artists. My mother is a fiber artist, primarily. That's why I'm excited they chose to return home from Korea *here* in one of the finest mid-atlantic states. I'm excited because I will have instant company in my newly acquired hobbies of knitting and felting--both with wool. I told them (while we were video skyping last evening) that I had to get out of balmy phoenix before I could bring out the wool. Too warm for the desert. Just right for the winter that has settled in the hard wood forests of our hood. Can't wait, mom. But, I will, because your hands are full of *Kimchee* for the moment.


My wet-felted wool ball collection is growing s l o w l y. I SO enjoy the process: a forgiving and therapeutic one. And, I've decided to join Tollipop in her "One Hundred Dresses Project" and make One Hundred little woolly balls. I'm not sure they'll make it to garland-hood before Christmas comes, but perhaps they'll help us ring in the new year. Hopefully Uncle Tom (yes, the one of cabin fame) and his Rob and Kota will join us to welcome '09. Won't you join me in making "One Hundred Somethings"?

"I think everyone is inherently creative, that the umbrella of creativity covers a wide spectrum, and that this world would be a happier, healthier place if people took more time to develop this aspect of their being. " --Tollipop

5 comments:

Ann said...

How do you make those?

Ingrid said...

I 100% agree with Tollipop's quote. Yes, how do you make those?

Rebecca said...

Let me wash off the kimchi and I will be there!

Jordan said...

You can make 100 of anything. To make the wool balls go here for a pretty good tutuorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydfz8JG_3UA

Jessica said...

You are soo lucky that your parents are moving to NC! I love that you will have each other and that they will get to so intimately and personally be involved in your children's lives. Babies need their grandparents!