Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Run Recorded

It's a relatively short run from here to the end of the Parkway. Four miles maybe. I started down the street in perfect-for-running-fog weather. Cool, but not cold enough for ear-coverings. It was a good run day. I had had breakfast (orange juice, wheat toast with peanut butter and whole blackberries) early enough to "take care of business" before donning my runners (Mizuno, my fave). My run started out with the lyrics: "I'm workin' on a cocktail called Grounds for Divorce" by Elbow--just enough beat to get me up the hills strong and take me back down smooth. On my way back, I passed the Japanese lady with the Scotty dog with big hair (the lady, not the dog) who I've passed before, and the tiny rain started. The sort of rain that hits your face and makes your head feel tingly like a numb limb. But your limbs, at this point, are anything but numb and the rain lets up just as you make it back to the front porch after crossing the lane, pulsing with life from wet brow, to warm toes.

5 comments:

Katy said...

Great words. Nice run.

We had fog here this morning, but it got up to 80 yesterday, so I think we'll pack it up and head north to (hopefully) show the kids what snowflakes look like and what REAL cold weather is. Wimps. We sure wish you'd join us.

Kurt Knudsen said...

wish we could run with you.

S. Schuller said...

I loved this post. I loved the picture and to see the fog in the background really gave me an idea of what kind of a great run you had. You have great eyebrows too. I wonder: how do you manage to get away with three kids at home? I've been really fumbling around with this question lately...would love to know. Thanks.

Sara said...

I think I am jealous. An oh how I wish we could go for a run together. . . Ashville? Yes, we will run together in Ashville. Now let's get that trip planned.

Tasha said...

That sounds like a great run!