Thursday, December 11, 2008

Confession:










"I don't like making holiday cookies"


I do it, for the kids mostly, and a few for the neighbors. And, I wouldn't do it for the neighbors if it weren't for the kids. Which is weird because I generally like to work in the kitchen. I think it's a claustrophobia issue. Also, I don't like to eat them. In fact, that's probably the main reason. Just thinkin' out loud here. Don't tell, but this year (thanks to Martha) I snuck Allspice, Cardamom, ground cloves, and fresh cracked pepper into the cookies to "spice" things up a bit. We glazed them with the ol' standby: powder sugar and cream frosting. Except I used half and half--we're dieting. The candy cane sprinkles are peppermint flavored. That's probably the best part. These took. us. two. days.


9 comments:

Jessica said...

Dieting? What the?

Amy said...

where in the world did you get that candy cane cutter? I ♥ it!

Jessica Womble said...

Those cookies look delicious! I love it how you put the sprinkles like that. they look very festive and cute.

me, of course! said...

Well, at least you do it for the kids, right? Those look very tasty and adorable. I'm sure your neighbors and kids will be thankful to tuck into them even if you are less than fond of them. You always have such lovely pictures of your culinary adventures.

Katy said...

I don't like to eat them either. Last year I bought the kind in a tube for the kids to decorate. That's the part they like anyway (licking the frosting and crunching the sprinkles.)

And, yes, that candy cane cutter is GREAT!

Becca said...

Well they're pretty amazing; I especially like the candy cane. And I don't like to make holiday cookies either.

Jeni said...

So, do you not like cookies in general, or just the holiday variety?

Rebecca said...

Yes, it is all about the kids! They love it! I fifth the candy cane cutter!

Jenny Dahl said...

I don't especially like making holiday cookies either but unlike you, I love eating them!