Monday, November 17, 2008

We're dreaming of a White (and silver) Christmas...

...Whether it snows or not.



We'll be decking the halls in neutral hues: sliver and white mostly, but for good measure, some straw, paper, and wood-colored decor will grace our boughs. I'm "getting my hands wet" making felted wool balls. So far, their fate is to be strung garland-style, but it is still early to tell for sure.

But the sweetest thing adorning the rooms of this house this season: Nana and Papa coming all the way from Louisiana!! It is sure to be festive--whether it snows or not.

9 comments:

bird on the lawn said...

we must have similar thoughts dashing through our heads....i just ordered my felt beads. then what to my wondering eyes should appear but you doing felt as well. makes me happy.

Ann Dee said...

Jordan, i had your blog up and I was working on something else and the Once music came on and i was so confused. I thought Cam had it come on automatically to surprise me. So funny. And usually I turn off the music on blogs. Today i made me happy.

Jessica said...

What a lovely themed Christmas!

Hammy said...

What a great idea. So fun to see what you are up to.

Carrie

Rebecca said...

Your balls look great! Can't wait to see them all strung together!

The Original Mangums said...

We can hardly wait! Good luck with your garland, looks very interesting! Sunshine to you!

Shawna B. said...

I always love to see what your Christmas colors will be. Each year I find myself thinking, "Great choice! Those will be perfect!" Can't wait to see the finished product - especially those balls all strung together. Glad the grandparents will be coming for a visit. I imagine that will be the highlight of the season. Enjoy!

TX Girl said...

So funny. I was in anthro today and they had balls of yarn today. You are certain up on the trends.

sara said...

mmmmm. I like it!!!