Friday, November 21, 2008

A Thank You Note


Stephanie and Christian are "home" in Utah to continue recovery, to be with the children, to be together. Her sister said "one day [she's] going to realize how [she] changed the world and [she] won't feel stupid anymore." I don't know much about the world, but I know that my perspective got a kick in the rear after their plane crashed and their bodies were burned and it continues to get nudged as they brave a lengthy recovery.
A true love story, it forces us to come to terms with what is real in our lives. Do we let resent, anger, dissatisfaction, distrust, pessimism, selfishness, and impatience mow down our happiness day after day? Or will our reality be faith, love, hope, hard work, patience, patience, and patience?


I've wanted to write a little note to Stephanie to say....I don't know what to say. Thank you? For what? All she did was live her life and share it. I guess, then, what I would say, is "Thank you for living your life in a way that makes the participants in it want to say 'thank you'...

And then try to live their own in the same way."

7 comments:

rebecca said...

I've loved following that ongoing series in the Arizona newspaper. A true sentiment from you - just thank you for "being," you know? Love it.

amy m said...

I would love to share that same sentiment with you. Yes, thank you Stephanie, for helping me open my eyes and see my life on a whole knew level.

lovely words

Ingrid said...

I too follow in this same sentiment. My eyes and my heart have been opened more, my perspective changed...because of both YOU and Stephanie. I thank you both for sharing your lives and for inspiring me and countless others to be better.

YOU are both gems.

TX Girl said...

Adam keeps asking me "why her, why her story?" You have beautifully summed it up for me.

I too am making progress. VERY slowly, but progress.

Thank you for reminding me what really, I already know, but have forgotten.

**in Adam's defense, I think the confusion has more to do with his daily experiences, especially in the burn unit.

Tracy said...

I just ran a 5K for her at a park near our home. I got a sticker that said, "I ran for Nie!"

michelle said...

Beautiful sentiments. I hope my perspective can remain changed.

sara said...

DITTO.

Lovely.

Stephanie has already affected generations... by inspiring Mothers all over to love, cherish and excel at mothering... and YES. That will change the world, one happy family at a time...