Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cafeteria Rendezvous



As I waved goodbye across the street at the bus stop, he made me promise, "Mom, PROMISE you'll come?" I promised. And a promise to Seth is an ironclad commitment. So I put Craig, Hazel, and Avery down for a nap after a snack and Lucy and I packed our victuals. That's pretty much the end of the story. We sat by Mataya and Ethan B. I was the official opener of Jello pudding snacks, yogurts, applesauces, juice boxes, Capri Suns, etc., etc. We talk about Disneyworld (none of us had been), the tunnel on the playground, one lengthy discussion of the movie Ice Age, our mother's names, a guessing game of siblings names, and of course, the contents of our lunches. A good time was had by all. I had to tear Lucy away when it was time to head back home.

3 comments:

Katy said...

I need to do this, too! It's rather a hassle, but the kids love it so. Good mom!

(I still think it is so odd how many things we buy that are the same!)

Elizabeth said...

I always feel like a celebrity when i do this, Leina's mom!
My parents are in the mtc
right now.

millie said...

The detailed re-cap of the conversation made me laugh.