Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Conveyable

As we wandered around the house (the one that's "a mile from the lake, as the crow flies"), I found several interesting artifacts.




the piano (may as well throw in the Dr. Pepper sign and the air hockey table)
Actually, we were told that most of the items will convey. It just gets better and better. Craig is worried about my obsession with "the house that could very well NOT be ours". But, he's just as obsessed, he just doesn't blog about it so it isn't as obvious. It is kind of like a pregnancy announcement. Everyone says, wait until you're 12 weeks. That's the designated "safe to tell" point. Well, I'd rather tell at the moment my pee confirms the news. If things don't work out, then everyone I've told will be there to commiserate a loss (heaven forbid). The sharing of the "news" of this house with YOU, is the same thing. Well, same principle. It's true, we just may suffer a loss on this one. But, actually, we have nothing to lose. And--I'm not pregnant (just in case you were suspecting, Ingrid (:

8 comments:

amy m said...

jordan the house is amazing. The house, the landscape...everything. A perfect place for childhood dreams to be made and come true. I truly hope you get it. The photos in the post below make it look as charming as I'm sure it is. I adore the porch and the brick trail. All I know is if I showed my husband I think he would be fighting you for it.

I'm crossing my fingers.

rebecca said...

It's lovely, Jordan! Magical. Here's hoping for the best!

Sara said...

Oh. . .it is so great! I will surely mourn with you if it is not yours to keep.

I just left a "political" comment behind the storm of others, making it 40 (comments that is). Forgive me will you? But it did feel good to get it all off my chest so thank you for that.

Missing you and yours.

Tell Hazelnut that Mr. Mac says "hello"

Ingrid said...

I am always anticipating news of another Mangum beauty! The world always could use more people like you and your littles! :)

Oh Jordan, really, I keep thinking about this home and hoping that it becomes yours. And after seeing that piano! OH THAT PIANO! If it conveys, that just sealed the deal for me! I will continue to cross fingers over here! And as a housewarming gift, I will give a recital in your very home on that very piano! (If, of course, you provide some exquisite Mangum refreshments!)

Ingrid said...

By the way, I feel like a blogworld celebrity now!

michelle said...

I absolutely agree with your not waiting principle! With pregnancy, as with the house, I prefer to have supportive mourners if bad news should arrive. And you have lots of people rooting for you, what could be better?

TX Girl said...

I've been saying that for years- why not tell people. All the people you tell will find out if heaven forbid something...

I'm glad you are sharing y'alls house hunting adventures. It gives a little glimpse into the amazingly wonderful person you are!

Rebecca said...

Here's to the house! M