Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Still Thinking of Nie


Craig and I were discussing our "worries". When you move to a new city, start a new job, have four kids and 10 times that many expenses---well, that can cause a heap of worry. We ended our discussion, we were both tired and the sheets were calling, and my thoughts rested on Stephanie and her Christian,
"At least our skin isn't burned." At least we wake up to the cheerful smiles of our four children and we can talk to them and fix them french toast and walk them to the bus stop and then maybe lay down and nap together, shower, dress ourselves, watch the sunset, laugh at a movie, send gifts in the mail, nurse the baby, eat chips and salsa, call our parents, dance with Lucy, go for a drive, earn a living, fold the laundry, kiss each other.
I'm wearing my Nie necklace today. You should get one. The artist will donate a portion from the sale of the necklace to the Nielson's Recovery. It reminds me to just be grateful. Gratitude will keep us safe from Pride and make you Happy in an Uncertain life.

14 comments:

rebecca said...

Beautiful!
and
BEAUTIFUL.

Crystalyn said...

i'm moved to tears daily as i think about her and her situation. love the necklace.

Becca said...

Beautiful photo, beautiful necklace, beautiful thoughts.

gouldkids said...

Hey Joradn it is Sarah Powley Gould here-- where did you get the necklace! I love it!

Ingrid said...

Nie is often in my thoughts. Beautiful words.

Shawna said...

I know what you mean, Jordan. I just washed my face and I feel so grateful for my freckly skin and laugh lines. It's 4 a.m. and I should really be asleep, but I got reading about Nie and I got lost in her. Then I had to check on you because I link the two of you, since I first heard about her from you. Anyway, I love you Jordan. Good night.

Jordan said...

Sarah! Just click on "get one" and it will take you to the site where I purchased the necklace.

TX Girl said...

I don't think a day has gone by that I haven't thought about her and her littles. Even on my "bad" days- I have so much to be thankful for. Especially sticky hands on my new clean skirt. I now find myself laughing at the situation.

I love my Nie necklace too.

rachelle said...

i just came to your link through my cousin's Sarah Schuller's blog. was reading the comments and saw one from Sarah Gould... my husband worked with her husband at the mtc (if i saw the picture correctly) how can i get a hold of her? her blog is private... thanks!

Jessica said...

Hey Jordan. I went to order a necklace and the designer reserved one for me but someone else bought it! Shoot. Fortunately, she had ONE left.

You have a *hot* neck!

Jordan said...

Rachelle, I am not an "invited reader" to Sarah's blog either. I don't have an email address or anything. Maybe she'll see these comments and invite us both!!

SPG said...

Jordan-the powley cousins blog is just that a cousins blog between my siblings. So sorry to get everyone excited. as a family we decided to not invite other people.

amy m said...

jordan i didn't even know her (not even from her blog), but I think of them constantly. I really feel what has happened impacting my life greatly. I am so much more grateful for life, and the best part is I am actually living that way. Grateful everyday I wake up and everyday I get to spend with my kids and my husband. It really does make the unimportant things unimportant.

love the necklace and what a great reminder.

michelle said...

I find myself thinking about it a lot as well. It puts things into perspective, doesn't it?