Thursday, September 25, 2008

First Infatuation



it was Curriculum Night for kindergartners and their parents. i sat in the gymnasium on metal folding chairs with a giddy little boy on the back row. when ms. creech got up to describe the schools approach to math skills, Seth asked to trade me seats so he could have a better view of his sweet teacher. he half stood on his chair and stole a smile from her.



"she smiled at me", he cloyingly stammered. when she was finished, we switched back so he could see where "her seat" was on the front row.



"i love her", he gushed in my ear. it was highly entertaining and hilarious to watch this little five year old swimming in his own syrupy crush. as i watched him watch her every move i realized for the first time, sometime down the road, my little boy is going to. fall. hard.





i mean, you can't really blame him

8 comments:

birdonthelawn said...

that boy has class!

Ingrid said...

Seth seems like such a special boy. His teacher sure does look like Alisa Milano! I bet she is a fun, creative teacher.

Amy said...

I love that second picture of your boy, Jordan. So fantastic.

Rebecca said...

Oh Seth, what a journey! His teacher is pretty cute.

Ann said...

That is adorable!

The Original Mangums said...

Seth and his waterfalls; I love it! He's a sweetheart.

Amy said...

Hey thanks for the comment on my blog anniversary post. I always read your blog and lament that you moved from AZ because of the similarities. Your blog is still great though and I enjoy each post.

And you're right. His teacher is TOTALLY cute. It's adorable.

michelle said...

the boy has good taste for sure!