Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Trashy Affair

It's true, I'm in love. Some people fall in love with their brand new shiny cars. This is as close as I get to that. It IS the Rolls Royce of garbage cans, though! Seriously. It's the Deluxe Edition Semi-round Step Can. Finger-print-proof brushed stainless steel, soft-closing lid, 50-liter capacity, semi-round shape for easy against-the-wall storage, no ugly bag hangover, extra sturdy all-steel platform pedal, easy bag change....I could go on and on.

I searched the stores, I asked around, I online researched and finally found
it. We've been can-less for over a month now. I've been waiting for my perfect match.

It arrived yesterday! My "tool for efficient living". I was alone in my enthusiasm though the kids caught the spirit of it for about 2 minutes. I think this will be a long term relationship (it does have a 10-year warranty).

11 comments:

Carol said...

Oooo, and it is sooo pretty!

Michelle said...

I have been waiting years, seriously, to buy a stainless steel garbage can. I'm picky too and have been living with a cheap plastic one till I could find one that I liked. I'm going to look into yours.
Hope you are well.

Katy said...

We have a simple human, too. I feel the same way about ours (remember it was featured on my favorites?)

Jill said...

I don't think I've ever had trash-can envy before, how funny!

Rebecca said...

WHOOPEE! A beautiful place for trash!
M

aubrey said...

we've been needing a new can for a long time. so, i have to say, thanks for doing all the research and finding, i might just buy this one too!

Melissa said...

You don't have to sell me on those cans. I have a stainless steel deluxe can too and love it! It has a place of honor in my kitchen too. ;) Oh, the simple pleasures we "women of the kitchen" have!

Kurt Knudsen said...

I love it when you talk trash!

Tasha said...

I got the same one, only its not rounded, its rectangle and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I'd had the same strange blue one that I took to college with me in 1994. It was time to move on up!

michelle said...

Well, who wouldn't love that?

aubrey said...

so..are you still loving your trash can? i am in the market for a new one and am considering this beauty. is it holding up well?