Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Stephanie and Christian


They are constantly on our mind. We are constantly thinking of and praying for this beautiful family. Sweet Stephanie and I first got to know each other in high school. We were in Student Government together. Then we found each other years later in Arizona where we became good friends and met her husband Christian and their four adorable children. Craig and I were smitten with this cute couple's charm and kindness. So, we are saddened that they have been given this burden to bear.
They were in a serious private plane crash Saturday and have sustained burns over their bodies. They are recovering and starting a long road of therapy, I'm sure. They have a huge, strong, supportive extended family. And more faith than most. We add ours to theirs as well as our constant thoughts and love.

8 comments:

rebecca said...

They (and you) are in our thoughts and prayers!

Katy said...

It just reminds us how very fragile life is. They have our prayers, also.

Tasha said...

Jordan, I read her blog, and her sister's, and the news reel. I am sick to my stomach. They are in my thoughts and prayers, and you are too. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to support them along with donations to their medical funds. I am so so sorry.

The Original Mangums said...

Thank you for sharing this with us. We will certainly remember them in our prayers.

erin said...

your dad's cousin's daughter here-- (erin (jenson)glenn). I know I commented on your blog a long while ago, telling you I enjoyed reading it--and it was about then that I found NieNie's linked to yours. I have been reading hers (and yours) since then for a pick-me-up/connection to some lives of "real moms" and I have grown so attached to Stephanie and her beautiful family-- It's amazing how devastating/heart wrenching news like this can be when I don't even know her personally. I'm sure it is more than overwhelming for those of you who actually know her and her family personally. Prayers from us are with them and all those whose hearts are aching for them.
Be well,
erin

Crystalyn said...

i saw this and thought of you because i remembered that the two of you are friends. i've been praying for them and hope that "all things will work together for their good." what a horrible experience.

thinking of you too...

TX Girl said...

Oh Jordan- it just breaks your heart. They are in our thoughts and prayers.

michelle said...

Marc told me that his friend Chris's brother and sister-in-law (or is it the opposite?) were in that plane crash. I have been thinking about them a lot. Then I came here and realized it was NieNie and her husband. Is it awful that it touches closer to home when it is someone that I "know"? So very sad. They are in our prayers.