Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Peace and Quiet

*photos from legoland

"Goodbye Mommy princess!!!"

That's what Lucy said as we waved at each other through the open window of the Dodge Minivan--now virtually empty of car seats and kids. Yes, a little tug on the ol' heartstrings. I'll certainly miss them, especially the super sexy one with the scruff.

They're off to see Brent and his Robin married in Baton Rouge! We (the baby girls and I) sadly opted out of the trip mostly for four-week old Avery's sake--think rampant airplane RSV. No one would know I was even there anyway--always tucked in a back room or closets nursing the infant.

I'm cheering from the desert though, y'all!!!

So that brings me to now. Quiet. Eerily quiet. I have spent the better half of the morning pacing the house, looking around, wondering what I'm supposed to be doing. Avery sleeps. Hazel plays happily uninterrupted toting various items in various bags around the house.

I already miss you three, but, we're sure enjoying this odd phenomenon called "Peace and Quiet". (Seriously, both girls are napping right now. I'm in shock.)



*Tomorrow begins the documentation of Jordan's food intake. A nursing mother's diet. Not because it is what a nursing mother should eat, but because it's just what I eat and I'm a nursing mother. Plus updates on our doings, for the hubs.

9 comments:

Tasha said...

Wow! Enjoy it as much as you can!
Take it in! Eat what you want!

rebecca said...

I can't believe you are down to mere WEEKS, Jordan. Enjoy a few quiet days, superwoman!

Tara said...

I found you at mymerryway, and I loved reading your blog. Thanks especially for Four-Week Old Joy; I really enjoyed (and related to) that post.

Nate and Jen Poulson said...

I lost you guys for awhile, but after reading the "old blog" found the link to here and love those beautiful children. And I too HATE the 4:30 blues. Especially when you know you're on your own sister and just try and drown out the cries and think only a few more hours till they sleep!
Keep on keep on is my motto

Heidi said...

Yay! Hope you can kick your feet up and rest a little. A good shot in the arm for what's to come in the coming weeks. We're so excited for you and can't wait to see the home where you've decided to settle your little fam.

I was thinking about it the other day, you and I had Lucy and Lizzy just weeks apart. In a mere three years, you've had two other babies! That's two pregnancies and deliveries! I guess it just hit me. You are so amazing! We were just watching the Match video the other day and we have some footage of you and Lucy (I was still very large and pregnant) and I couldn't believe that was little Lucy!

Rebecca said...

Fun, fun, fun! What a great time to enjoy Hazel and Avery!
M

Carol said...

ENJOY!

Ann said...

Yes, do enjoy!

Jill said...

Wow, what great timing for you. Some peace and quiet and bonding with your tiniest two will be great. Enjoy!