Thursday, June 05, 2008

Listening, Thinking, Eating






Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with avocado and Cholula Hot Sauce, OJ on the rocks. Still hungry, add sprouted wheat berry toast with blackberry preserves.

First day of just the three of us. Things have s l o w e d way down. Things I'm doing more of: listening, sleeping, thinking. It's as if my mind is catching up after the birth. It never quite had a chance to and now it's time. Craig admonished me to eat well and drink a lot of fluids. I'm prone to "drying up" as far as breastfeeding goes. So we're making a valiant effort. I play music to fill the space a little. Missing (never thought I'd say this) a few little voices that occupied that space before.




Lunch (courtesy Whole Foods Market): Tempura shrimp rolls with soy and wasabi, fresh tofu spring rolls with peanut sauce, Amazon Acai juice to drink.

Avery spent the late morning napping in her swing. Hazel and I "hung" on the back porch. She collected "wocks" in plastic bowls and I chatted on the telly. Then we tackled Seth's room. Toy-sorting/purging for the move. Thought about Seth turning the big 5 four days before we fly to NC. Mowed the lawn.




Dinner: Orzo-quinoa pilaf with cherry tomatoes, basil and garlic shrimp. Sangria Senorial to drink. Two Fig Newman's for dessert.

I'm seriously missing my Craig. He calls and always seems to rush off the phone. So is the life with a 3 and 4-year-old. They are packing their days with solid fun it seems. I'm happy they are enjoying themselves. I hope Jeni will do Lucy's hair for the wedding and I hope Lucy's cute reception dress and Seth's new white "Sunday shirt" don't get any chocolate stains on them. But, I'm off Lucy and Seth duty, so...my two cents probably don't count right now. 'Til tomorrow!

10 comments:

Amy said...

Your meals look so yummy.

Jill said...

It's a luxury to miss them isn't it? I'm glad you're eating well and enjoying the quiet.

merathon said...

do you mind posting your orzo-quinoa pilaf recipe? it looks fabulous!

Tasha said...

I am starving looking at that lunch! Eat well and drink lots of fluids! Enjoy the quiet, I know you miss them, that is kind of a good feeling though, isn't it?

Rebecca said...

What a well fed, rested Mommy! M

Jordan said...

Merathon,

I used a mix from Trader Joes (orzo pasta, red quinoa, baby garbanzo beans, and moroccon pasta).

The shrimp was marinated in olive oil, chopped garlic and herbs then pan-sauteed.

I topped the orzo with tomato and basil and the shrimp.

Next time I might spice it up with some crushed red pepper flakes. It was yummy, though.

I hope this helps!! Enjoy!

Becca said...

Do you manage to eat so well all of the time? Very inspiring.

Jordan said...

Becca,

No. Only when my husband takes my two older ones out of town with him (:

michelle said...

It is definitely a luxury to miss them. I want to come and eat with you!! You have a gift.

Jeni said...

I'm sorry! Lucy wasn't even around for me to fix her hair. When I got home from doing the flowers they were with Laurie swimming at the hotel. I didn't see them until AFTER the sealing! They were super cute, though. Lucy is just cute as is:)