Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Graduate


the graduate with his bride and his boys
Family flocked in for a double celebration this past weekend. Craig generously shared the spotlight with Avery on Sunday, but Saturday was all about Dr. Gooch. He's a modest fellow but the post-dinner program left him well awarded and it was obvious he has been loved and respected by his peers and mentors.

During the evening a previous program director for the residency commented, "No one knows delayed gratification better than medical graduates." To say these doctors have been put through the wringer is an understatement. Blood, sweat, and tears. Blood, a given for an ER physician; sweat, a result of no AC in his little black car combined with Phoenix summers; and tears, mostly from his wife---all literal components of the past 11 years of preparation leading up to this point.

I'm proud of him. His parents beamed that night. Craig shined. Congrats, Grad! Watch out Duke!

9 comments:

Jeni said...

Good job Dr. and Mrs. Gooch! I'm not surprised that Craig is well loved and admired. I've loved and admired that kid since he had long hair and braces!

Shannon said...

Congratulations!

Tasha said...

Congrats! It is the culmination of so much! SO MUCH! There really aren't words J, so I will just say, well done, both of you, and , it gets SO MUCH better.

PS- You look amazing!

Julia said...

Congratulations! It really is huge, and graduation is so much fun. You look beautiful.

TX Girl said...

Yeah- I cannot believe y'all are done. WOW.

I love the picture of the two of you. You look fantastic.

Shawna B. said...

Way to go! Both of you! We had such a fun graduation night, too. It's so rewarding to see the residents spotlighted a bit. It's sooo deserved. Good grief, I cried like a baby while Tyler was giving his speech, but oh my, I was so proud. I am not one bit surprised that Craig was honored that night. I'm sure he is the cream of the crop there in AZ and will be in NC as well.

You look absolutely beautiful, Jordan!

Jill said...

I would imagine everyone would be beaming with such a huge accomplishment and the celebration of baby #4!!!

Ingrid said...

What a wonderful night! Congratulations, Jordan & Craig. Exciting times!

michelle said...

This is HUGE! Congratulations to you all -- a great big family accomplishment. You look gorgeous as well!