Monday, June 16, 2008

Blessed...



...Avery Lola was on Sunday. Blessed by her father who stood holding her with the hands of two grandfathers, two uncles, three great uncles, and a friend.

...my life is every day. Blessed by this healthy, peaceful, beautiful baby. She is six weeks old today (six weeks=hula hooping resumed). She is merciful to her parents. Sleeping and eating so well. The first not to accept/need a pacifier. Her lovely slanty blue eyes light up with her new found grins.

My favorite part of motherhood started when Lucy was born and Seth had a sibling. To watch them love each other is the greatest gift. Avery tolerates much head-patting, foot-squeezing, and cheek-kissing by her sister Hazel. Lucy sits next to her in the middle row of the van and tells her stories while she holds her hand. Holding Avery, I can't pass by Seth without lowering her down for him to "see her face" and give her a firm hug.

Adored Avery.

This is what it's all about: spreading the love.


7 comments:

Tasha said...

Siblings are an amazing thing, straight from Heaven, aren't they? I am so glad that so much of your family was able to be there to bless sweet Avery. When do you guys pull out of AZ?

Heidi said...

I agree completely. That is what I hope to bring to my little ones sometime soon. I love how Seth and Lucy have their hands on her head - claiming her as one of their own! Love that dress!

Jeni said...

Laurie didn't stop talking about how wonderful Avery was...apparently she's sooooo good. Congrats:)

Carol said...

Congratulations on the baby blessing. How wonderful that both Grandpa's were able to participate. I am so happy for you and your little family. BTW, your new rental is beautiful.

Jenny said...

I couldn't think of a more perfect day to be blessed than on Father's Day. What a cute bunch you have!

Do you guys still have to sell your home or were you renting?

Jill said...

It's so funny that Seth and Lucy have their hands on Avery's head in the picture. What a blessing your beautiful children are!

michelle said...

My favorite part of motherhood as well. Adored Avery, I love it! And her dress is phenomenal.