Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Today was...

...heaven sent. The winds from somewhere brought the coolest May day ever seen. We opened all the doors and windows. It cleared out the proverbial cobwebs. It cleared the fog in my head that had collected the night before. The children were calmer than usual. This evening we did sparklers and snaps on the back porch then Dad and Seth and Lucy went for a chilly, pre-dinner dip in the pool. Avery is scheduled for her first bath this evening and I have high hopes of a deep rest tonight. When our little babe lets out a rare cry she is immediately pacified when picked up. I think Avery brought the heavenly breeze today--on her coattails.

9 comments:

Sara said...

Jordan. . .I have so enjoyed your last few posts. That little miss Avery Lola seems perfectly precious! So glad the air is cool in AZ, your mom is still around, your hubby is so good to you and that you are enjoying these first moments of that sweet babe's life. Wish I could come give her a squeeze myself accompanied by a homeade meal for you and yours. Love the stacking doll analogy. . .how clever! I think I will use that for years to come.

May your days be filled with laughter and your nights with sleep.

Amy said...

It HAS been refreshingly cool today. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Jeni said...

I can't believe all the blogging you've been doing! And with a newborn...I've only got one 13 month old running around and I can't keep up with my blog!

You look awesome.

Tasha said...

What a great day! I have the greatest tender, magical memories of those early days. I love that picture of you and Avery. Enjoy this magic time.

Amy said...

I completely love how her arms are stretched around you. In repose.

Jessica said...

Don't you love those blissful moments when everything seems like a gift--from the cool air to the sweet baby on your chest?

The Baker's Goods said...

You two do look peaceful and in a sepia toned still life no less.

amy m said...

I truly hope you got that deep sleep. One thing that is definitely needed that doesn't always come.

Beautiful photo.

millie said...

I have just read through many of your last posts. I am supposed to be getting to bed earlier...but I kept reading.

What an exciting time with your new, sweet, girl and how wonderful to have your mom there.