Tuesday, May 20, 2008

To Those Helping Hands



They washed load after load after load of dirty clothes, wiped many a soiled bum, held hands, rubbed feet, toted to and from, coiffed Lucy's hair, dressed, undressed, bathed, washed dish after dish after dirty dish, rose early each morning and fed the masses, warmed bottles, swept floors, wrapped dishes, packed boxes, ran errands, filled the fridge with food, filled the car with gas, talked, listened, became worn out in easing the "growing pains" of our little family. Thank you Gromma and Grompa! You are sorely missed!

8 comments:

NieNie said...

nothing worse then when visitors leave. can i come over soon?

Rebecca said...

It was a pleasure. Thanks for creating Avery so we could come and celebrate! M

Michelle said...

I love the filling the car up with gas- funny how all parents have the same concerns for their kids.

Jessica said...

Moms (and dads) are the best and their love is especially evident after the birth of a grandchild. Glad your parents could love and serve you after Avery's birth! My one and only truly postpartum 'blue' day was the day after my mom's three week visit ended.

michelle said...

It's a sad day when those helping hands leave. I'm glad they could both come and care for you all, and I hope you're easing into the transition of going it without their help.

Shawna B. said...

Hate it when they go. My house always feels way too quiet after a good visit. Jordan, I'm thinking of you. There's so much going on right now ... best of luck with all of it.

Jenny said...

It always is a bummer when the best of help leaves. I wish you the best in that "transition" period after having a baby. Bottom line is the emotional part is rough. Thinking of you! Avery is beautiful!

Carol said...

Oh my! Your dad looks EXACTLY like my dad...especially with his hair so short. It took my breath away.
SO glad they were there to help you. I am praying that you will survive this huge transition.