Thursday, May 29, 2008

"Live your way into the answer"

Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don’t search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.”- Rainer Maria Rilke, German poet

*photo taken at Lake Pleasant, AZ on Tuesday
*quote found here, today

5 comments:

Katy said...

That's great advice and a fabulous photo. Thanks for the post.

Becca said...

This is one of my favorite all-time quotes ever. I love the "live the questions" part too!

When do you move?

rebecca said...

Such a perfect sentiment for you right now. Love it!

Amy said...

I LOVE the quote...I've never heard it before.

Natalie said...

Jordan- Love the photo. I read the quote on Shawna's post, then came to yours. I think you both used the quote so well. I appreciated Shawna's take on it, while in the midst of moving. But I also loved how you put a photo with your quote. It made the words ring a different tune.nat