Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"I Love You Anyway"






That's what he said to me as we kissed goodbye this morning. In the night he swept non-slumbering Avery out of her bassinet into the living room where she finally closed her beautiful grey-blue eyes in the pink bean bag and Craig tried to close his on the couch for the next four hours, while I finally drifted off alone in our King-sized bed. Then he was up "waffling" with the kids while I caught the last few Z's of the day. That's why he "loves me anyway".

Olivia started it, but we say it a lot lately around here.

To Sweet Loly: "You kept me up ALL night and poop a million times a day, but I love you anyway"

To Hazel the "Commander": "You're scream cracks glass, and you dumped a cup full of syrup down your front and all over my pillow this morning, but I love you anyway"

To Princess Lucy: "You wake up in the very middle of the night requesting a manicure, but I love you anyway."




To Mr. Seth: "You orchestrate massive train wrecks in your bedroom using trillions of tiny pieces and then suddenly become too weak when it's time to clean up, but I love you anyway."




To Craig: "You let the kids have snacks in their room and they spread them all over the rug far and wide, but I love you anyway."

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

I guess that is what family are for-to be loved anyway! Thanks for the reminder. M

Elizabeth said...

What a blessing to have so many people to love anyway. What beauties you have!

Amy said...

What a beautiful family.

Hazel looks adorable in that hat.

Tracy said...

Hilarious! I can relate to every line of that post. Seth making a huge mess and then becoming too weak to clean it up reminds me of Michael. He'll say that he's not tired and doesn't need to go to bed, but then when we ask him to clean he insists that he doesn't have any energy. He has energy to play, he says, but no energy to clean. It's kind of like him being hungry for treats, but full for dinner at the same time. As for Hazel's syrup mess, I cleaned up my own kid-orchestrated maple syrup mess just last week...although it was not in my bed!

Tracy said...

Hilarious! I can relate to every line of that post. Seth making a huge mess and then becoming too weak to clean it up reminds me of Michael. He'll say that he's not tired and doesn't need to go to bed, but then when we ask him to clean he insists that he doesn't have any energy. He has energy to play, he says, but no energy to clean. It's kind of like him being hungry for treats, but full for dinner at the same time. As for Hazel's syrup mess, I cleaned up my own kid-orchestrated maple syrup mess just last week...although it was not in my bed!

Jill said...

I think we could all write our own versions of this post, and maybe we should because it seems therapeutic. You have a way!

Ingrid said...

Oh this post made me laugh! Love it! I have those moments too...and I love myself anyway!

Amy said...

I'm thinking I could write my own version of this as well...too true. And I can only imagine all the "love you anyways" directed toward me. It's good to be loved *anyway*. Very good.

I'm loving your Hazel's hat. And you look so cute in that last picture with your honey.