Sunday, April 06, 2008

Two Days Later

I unintentionally left that last post with the details "hanging" in midair. We've been doing this:

So the calls of the keyboard and its mouse have been drowned out by waves shuffling in and out and the feel of a true vacation.

We're headed East...and...South! Craig accepted an academic appointment at Duke University Medical Center where he will practice medicine in the Emergency Department and also teach the Residents. So, North Carolina will be home for the next long while. We're still in the considering stage of pinning down a "hometown". Duke is in Durham which is one point of the "research triangle" that includes Chapel Hill and Raleigh.

I am married to a modest man. He doesn't ever seek praise, even shuns it. But, I will risk a bit of it here. Having watched him for the past seven years from just beyond and sometimes right on the front lines of this battle that is the medical field, I will vouch for his determination, his long-suffering, his ability to expand his knowledge of medicine very quickly, his patience with patients, his patience with his wife and children who served as a constant distraction crying for the last bit of his time and attentions. He is good at what he does. He has worked hard at this. I am so proud of him. And he's sexy.

So, let the games begin!

23 comments:

Crystalyn said...

jordan congrats! that is the most exciting news. so happy you now have a place to settle home and heart.

Kemp Kuties said...

Jordan, this is Amanda Brown Kemp, a friend of Ashley's. I am so excited for you! We lived in Charleston, SC, for 3 years and I LOVED it there. The south is so beautiful (as I'm sure you've already seen for yourself). So much history and culture and you can't beat that southern charm. I hope you enjoy your next adventure!

Megan Midori said...

Congratulations on the job offer for Craig! I'm exciting he got the job he wanted.

Kelly said...

congrats!!

Jenny Dahl said...

A far cry from the AZ desert! A beautiful pick Mangums! I have a sister in North Carolina and she and her family love it. Congrats a million times over!

michelle said...

Congratulations to you all! North Carolina is so beautiful -- I haven't been to Durham but I think both Chapel Hill and Raleigh are wonderful. Hooray for moving on to the next stage!

Kelly said...

I've never heard anything bad about North Carolina! Congratulations on finally being settled, and in such a wonderful spot, too.

Heidi said...

Whoo hoo!!! That is wonderful! Dr. Edmunds did his residency at Duke and he spoke so highly of it there. What great news!!

Tasha said...

Congrats! I am in love with the idea of NC for some reason, I have never been there, but always wanted to live there. You let me know when you are ready for visitors, we will barge right on in!

Craig will be FANTASTIC with residents. They will love him and learn from him. He will be a breath of fresh air for Duke. You will scatter kindness and joy wherever you go!

Jessica said...

Yay Jordan! I love that part of North Carolina (you are only four/five hours from DC if you ever want to visit...) I have always thought it would be a wonderful place to raise a family. Durham is sketchy (apart from the University, which is GORGEOUS), Chapel Hill is amazing and Cary is a wonderful little town (Trader Joes!). What an exciting time in your life.

Ann said...

We are so happy for you guys! Congrats!

Carol said...

Just wanted you to know that I am excited for you and your big change. Tell your patient husband Congratulations from Cousin Carol.

birdonthelawn said...

i just looked at your baby calendar and notice that you are under 30 days! wow.
you are lovely.
lovely.
congrats on the new place plans.

Amy said...

This made me so happy. I particularly loved your paragraph of praise for your Craig. You two seem like quite the pair. And North Carolina sounds like a fabulous place to be!

Shannon said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!I have only heard good about North Carolina. Enjoy your new adventure.

Shawna B. said...

Oh, Jordan! Oh, oh, oh!!!! So happy for all of you! You will fall head over heels for NC. It is dreamy. But you already know that! Many congrats to the good doctor. They are lucky to get him. I am just beaming!!! Sending you all kinds of congrats from Virginia. I am only sad that we won't get to be "neighbors." How soon will you be accepting visitors? Again, congratulations, dear friends.

Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful place to be moving too. What an adventure we can look forward to reading about!

Jill said...

Congratulations!! That's exciting news.

Great picture!

Amy said...

Wow! Congratulations!

And what a well-told story too.

Tracy said...

You're swapping with my sister! She has been in North Carolina the past three years for her husband's residency. She's now about to move to Phoenix for his further specialty at the Mayo Clinic. They loved North Carolina. That is a beautiful picture you posted!

Jenny said...

Very exciting. Hey, and you are close to so many other bloggers. How fun!

kristi said...

oh my! the best place ever!
furniture outlet here you come,

Rachel said...

i have heard oodles of fabulous things about that area! and it sounds like the ideal job. i'm very happy for you!!!!