Sunday, April 13, 2008

Pregnancy Notes: Week 37 OR Raclette and Slowly Slowing

Hazel saying "cheese"
We have lovely neighbors down the street who had us over tonight for a little raclette. A dear friend came to sit with our slumbering children and Craig and I walked down the hill for some Swiss dining. You truly can't go wrong with melted cheese. It was nice to break away from the seclusion of the home and associate with grownups. We will miss these and so many other lovely people when we migrate eastward.

Besides cheese, things are beginning to slow in anticipation of the impending halt this baby will introduce. I'm beginning to skip things. Things like picking up at the end of the day before I kick my swollen kickers up for the night. Things like sweeping up the pound of droppings under the kitchen table. Things like getting dressed in the morning, even showering. Things like posting on this blog.

But, I won't let this 37th week go by without marking it. I can literally feel my body preparing for this birth. I can't explain it (or perhaps you don't want to hear me explain it) but it is there. There is no rushing this miracle even with prayers from Seth to, "Bless that the new baby will come out soon so Mommy can run again." There is a slight ache in the back, periodic tightening in the uterus, fire-hot feet, a running thirst all day long...and three more weeks.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You are so close now!
oh I know the pound under the kitchen table well!

Shawna B. said...

Three more weeks. You can do it! I guess you have no choice, but I know you, Jordan, and you will do it well. Many early congratulations!

S. Schuller said...

Hang in there, you're doing great! You are a pro at this by now and I'm sure the baby enjoyed the cheese. What a great way to eat! thanks for posting.

rebecca said...

37! A miracle!
The moving on always feels bittersweet for me... leaving so much behind, at every location. But then... oh the new and the possibilities!

Tasha said...

Dave got me a raclette grill for my birthday. I love it! I bought 30.00 of raclett cheese from igourmet.com and as Dave was cutting it up, he asked me if I was sure if it was still good, informing me that it smelled a little like an abcess he drained from someone's scrotum that day. He could eat it once it was melted and less strong smelling. I, however, could not. We do gouda now...

michelle said...

I loooove raclette! I want a raclette grill of my own... 3 weeks left, you're in the home stretch! Will Seth understand if you can't run right away?