Tuesday, April 29, 2008

One Centimeter Plus Buts and Ands

Lilacs with reflection of belly and Hazel

Sorry to get graphic here, but that's too small to fit a baby through. Yet, that was the declaration yesterday as I sat all wrapped up in my giant paper towel. Well, then, we'll wait.

But.

But, the house is perfectaly spotless now, and the fridge and freezer are stocked--thanks to our sponsors at Trader Joes. But, Craig's one week vacation starts after this weekend. But, I don't think I could spiffy up my large self in Sunday best one more time and sit through three hours of meetings in the most uncomfortable benches and chairs ever.

And.

And I've started retaining water. My once loose diamond now sits stubbornly snug. And, I'm dying to get the first few weeks of zombiesque existence started because that gets me that much closer to graduating her from high school (i'm exaggerating here). And, I just want to meet my daughter.


8 comments:

rebecca said...

You are getting there, (albeit slower than you desire!)
And, but, and but and but.....
She wants to meet you, too!!!!

Heidi said...

How frustrating! Hope she comes very soon!

Crystalyn said...

1 to 10 can happen faster than expected...BUT not fast enough in your state. ah, the hurry up and wait. hoping it comes in time that you can spend 3 hours of bliss snuggling your daughter and smelling her sweet baby skin this sunday.

Ingrid said...

I'm on pins and needles....

Tasha said...

Oh Jordan! I know the swelling, though I HAVE To qualify that with the fact that I've never been 39 weeks pregnant. I just start swelling at 34 weeks...

I can't wait to meet this girl either, and its going to be soon!

Maeve!

Elizabeth said...

It has got to be soon. I am so excited for you and my thoughts and prayers will be with you!

Sara said...

You are too funny! But just sit tight because that head ain't gonna fit through a one centimeter opening :) . . . yikes!

Come on already baby girl. . .we are all SO anxious!

Shannon said...

I know this feeling and smile to hear it so well expressed.

Oh, how it seems like endless waiting, especially once the supposed due date is upon you!