Tuesday, April 01, 2008

News to Fill in the Current "No News" Gap

This little tidbit is actually fairly significant--as far as our current household condition goes. The above photograph is of my children being read a story by their father. In fact, Craig said last night (after this occurred) "It has been two weeks since I brushed their teeth." Two weeks indeed. (Anyone familiar witht he rigors of the bedtime routine will understand my state after several days of manning the station single-handedly). But you bet your current jelly that he is brushin' when he's there to brush. They are obviously thrilled with the change of venue (Dad's lap instead of Mom's lack of lap).



On another not-so-cheery front, we've all got colds minus Craig. This is how it went: fever, congestion/green boogs, then a hacking cough. Pictured above is Lucy in the febrile stage.

There you have it. In lieu of "It's a girl!" and "He got the job!" these little snags in our routine will have to suffice while we wait for both a contract and contractions!

6 comments:

Kurt Knudsen said...

Contract and Contractions! Both biggies, but "little things mean a lot" on the day to day front. Glad you are celebrating and commiserating the little things too.

Melissa said...

Yes, yes, yes. I can handle the whole day solo, but bed time can send me looney tunes! I'm glad he's around and I hope you get your contract and or contractions soon. (If you have ever considered Missouri...I know of a very high paying position....JUST A SIDE NOTE :)

Jeni said...

It's nice when dad helps out with bedtime routine. Aaron feeds Cal dinner, bathes her, then pjs, teeth, story and bed. Since she goes to bed so early, it's his only "time" with her (except for the weekends:)

Michelle said...

Just getting to a contract is a feat in itself! I hope it all works out!

Jenny Dahl said...

Yea for contractions and contracts!!! I can't wait to hear more about both. Congrats!

michelle said...

Bedtime is rough, especially when it's multiple nights in a row. Hooray for the return of Dad! I can't wait to find out the big news.