Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Check!



1. Guest room readied

2. Lucy transferred to Hazel's room (this is seriously debatable after tonight)

3. YMCA Membership canceled

4. Toured Banner Good Samaritan Hospital (Hooray for sauna-like bath tubs in the room!) with all three in tow--we were disappointed that there were no new babes in the nursery and Lucy was relieved that on this trip to the hospital we didn't have to "get all doctored up".

5. Our checks to the IRS cleared (:

6. Switched the calendars to May (I'm already mentally there anyhow).

7. Craig made room once again in the garage for the van (a must do when temps are already in the 90s)

8. Narrowed her name down to 4 solid possibilities.

9. Sylvia comes tomorrow (it has been WAY too long since she was here last).

10. Thoughts of the feel of this fourth child in my hands and on my chest for the first time...those heavenly breaths from teeny candy lips...the awesome grip of eensy fists...well, I'm not checking these off any list, but they are pervasive and gratefully getting me through these "last days".



view from a labor and delivery room (our skies always look this way)

16 comments:

Tasha said...

Its coming! Everything is coming! Full speed ahead! What can I do? I feel so empty handed Jordan. I need to be up the street so I can wipe a counter or bring a meal or something.

What?

Kelly said...

Gorgeous view! When do you move/how soon after the baby? Good luck with everything, baby will be in your arms before you know it (though it never feels like that at the end).

rebecca said...

So excited for you!

Kurt Knudsen said...

Glad you get a room with a view and a hot tub!

Carol said...

Can't wait to hear what name you decided. Also, can't wait to see her in your arms with the aformentioned eensy grip of fists.

Amy said...

I think it tells you just how little life I have... but I am so excited for you and I love reading your blog updates.

And I am sad that you will be moving from Arizona because I really like seeing some of the similarities in our lives, and a lot of that is unique to this place.

And (and! See I told you, uh, no life) I really hope that *June* made it to your top four.

Good luck with everything.

Megan said...

Hey Jordan! Thanks for peeking in on my blog. It's so good to hear from you. I love your blog. Good luck with the new little one. I can't wait to hear what you name her!

Michelle said...

Good luck with everything! It all went so fast- maybe slow for you but time really did fly.

amy m said...

You know delivery was always my favorite part. Good luck. I've been thinking about you.

annalisa said...

I wish I had that view from my hospital room :). Almost here. My friend had her baby yesterday and it got me thinking of you and wondering if you had your little one in your arms yet. How goes the house hunting? I can't wait to see what you pick out.

Sara said...

Oh happy day! Hope your next post will be the first photos of your littles misses. I'll be waiting for the phone call.

Heidi said...

Keep checking in every day! We'll be so excited to hear the news... Glad you are all prepared!

Shannon said...

Love to read about all of your preparations. Can't wait to hear about and see pictures of your sweet little one once she decides to make her grand entrance into the world. Hope that all goes well for you as you're looking out at that incredibly massive blue school from your hospital window!

Tracy said...

Having two to a room isn't so bad...you just have to give Lucy and Hazel a few days to adjust. We've had all three of our boys in the same room for a few months now. There are no problems at night, and on very good days I can even get all three to nap in there together at the same time! (Most of the time I have to stagger naps).

Melissa said...

Two days to go!!!!! Wow, I love, love those first few moments, finally seeing what you've been FEELING for so long. You have been so brave!

Shawna B. said...

Almost there, almost there. Thinking of you and praying for a safe, sweet delivery. Love you, Jordan!