Friday, March 07, 2008

"Nashvull" Love

I fell in love. First, with my husband--again. I caught a glimpse of the man I married. The man that has been somehow M.I.A. for the past while--to no fault of his own. He made me laugh and dream a little more. We relaxed...together.

I fell in love. Second, with Nashville. [I'll pretend that none of it had to do with the ever-charming Bateman clan who hosted our threesome for three days (see here and here), but they are perhaps Nashville's greatest boon!] We slept in the "perfect" bed whose side table held treats and reading material provided by Miss Sara herself--the master hostess. They've made their home in the green, rolling hills of Tennessee's crown jewel. We drooled over white-washed farm homes, grey-stoned walls fencing in elaborate equestrian parks, and acreage laced with streams and rivers coaxing spring into the southern air.

Pending, is a report on the business which we so conveniently mixed with the above pleasure. All in good time. But, for now, thank you for the laughs. We will never stop chuckling over "the Murf", Craig's stallions, and certain satchels (yeah, you wish you had been there). It is nice to know who "your people" are. Thank you for everything. A special thanks to Hazel who sat like this on a nearly four-hour plane ride the entire time! (Read: never fly with a 1 1/2-year-old).


10 comments:

Sara said...

Oh it was too fun. . .come back will ya? Nashvull loves you too! If you live here, the "Murf" is out. . .we want you closer.

Tasha said...

So much fun!
This is a HARD airplane age isn't it!

Katy said...

I'd like to be invited to read the Bateman buzz!! You make it sound so luring! (Nashville and the Batemans.)

Kurt Knudsen said...

Love that Hazel!

rebecca said...

Glad you had a fabulous time - of course you did, with the Batemans! - and so nice to fall in love, twice, on an away. Can't wait for news!

Shawna B. said...

Jordan! Isn't Nashville wonderful? You described it perfectly. And I agree, having the Batemans as your hosts only added to the pleasure of your trip - probably the best part. I'm so glad you all had such a nice time. When I think of Tennessee, I always think of the white split rail fences and the incredible barns. A perfect place to call home!

Christine said...

Why shouldn't you ever fly with 1 1/2 year olds? They're angels!

michelle said...

Hear, hear on never flying with 1 1/2 year olds! And knowing who your people are.

TX Girl said...

I agree with Katy- I wish I too were invited to the Bateman buzz. I actually got fairly depressed the day she switched to private because I miss seeing her gorgeous pictures.

It sounds like a lovely vacation/job hunt. Especially since you had such a great host and hostess.

Cannot wait to hear the news.

Ingrid said...

Jordan! I hope everything works out for your family and Nashville, and the best perk of all - living close to your dear friends, the Batemans! I'm crossing my fingers over here for ya!