Saturday, March 08, 2008

Lucy, Celebrated



It was easy to celebrate such a celebratable gal yesterday. I invited three close friends (one was understandably indisposed) and their kiddos. Between the three of us, we entertained thirteen children under the age of eight.

There was a "pinkata" (read: pink pinata) from Food City, Costco cupcakes, Potato-Garlic soup, hot rosemary-olive bread, green salad, and berries with lemon cream. The weather was right on cue: perfect, as only weather in March in Arizona can be. Thank you to those who came to enoy it. With all her booming voice and bouncing body Lucy was a bit timid in all the attention, which was relished regardless.







There were balloons, a helicopter ride, a brand new scooter, a few dirty diapers, a bubble machine, several bodies pummeled by littles on swings, laughs, and cries. Everything a good party should offer.



some of the party attendees



Today, Lucy asked, "Where did all the friends from my birthday go?" We love to be celebrated, don't we? For someone to mark the anniversary of our arrival on earth. It is tiring to be a girl or a boy or a man or a woman. Just tonight Lucy had two too many people hounding on her to "take another bite!" "chew your food!" "now swallow it". All she wanted was to chat about the world around her and not sit in her seat. It is tiring to make everyone happy, to feed the content that all around seem to crave. It is no different, really, at three than it is at thirty, is it?



Sure love you, sweet girl!

9 comments:

Carol said...

Jordan, your blog is soooo beautiful, insightful, and fun. Exactly how I remember you. I just started my own blog last week and I would love to add a link to yours if that is ok. Leave me a message and let me know. By the way, congratulations on baby number 4, I am so happy for you!!!

Ann said...

Happy Birthday Lucy! I love you!

S. Schuller said...

I didn't know Costco had cupcakes! What a beautiful, eventful celebration! Happy Birthday Lucy!

Tasha said...

What a fun party. I love that they call pinata pinkata! March is still a winter month in
northern Utah, so I am a bit jealous of your back yard fete...

Happy Birthday Sweet Luce!

Michelle said...

That Lucy is a cheeky monkey! I will never forget my first impressions of your sweet kids showering themselves gleefully in dirt and wood chips! They know how to enjoy life- and I'm sure you have something to do with that. Good luck with the job hunt- the places you guys are picking sound lovely. Can't wait to find out where you will finally settle!

Rebecca said...

I love the birth of Lucy! Hoorah!
M

nie nie said...

what is going on with my shirt? did it look like that all night? yikes. the party was a hit. thanks for having us.

The Original Mangums said...

Happy Birthday Lucy, your party looked like so much fun. Enjoy your presents! Love you sweet girl! Nana & Papa

michelle said...

That looks like quite an undertaking! Eva will be 3 next month, and I'm trying to decide if I want to invite friends over or just have a family party.

Birth days are always worth celebrating so, and you are right -- it's not SO different being 3 or 30...