Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I Offer No Pictures For Such a Post

I called my sister today. I just needed an ear to catch my complaints. Today they were of the fat. The fat that has settled in the lower portion of my body--prominent enough now that it can no longer hide in the shadow of my growing belly. More fat than usual, it seems, this time around--this fourth time. It is not so much the fat that bothers me, it's how it just seems to come uninvited. I think of all that is offered on the altar to get a baby here, the sacrifice of physical activity is the hardest for me. Yet, I've resigned myself to this particular angle of repose (body tissue or otherwise) because I know that after she's born I'll have all the time in the world to exercise regularly and cook healthy, nutritiously balanced meals. Wait. Wait a minute...

7 comments:

Amy said...

Commiseration here... still holding on to many of those pounds, 15 months later. Sigh.

Ingrid said...

Oh Jordan, of all the women I know, you seem to bounce back and look even better and younger than ever after each pregnancy. You are a classic beauty! I have seen recent pictures, and I can confidently say that you look amazing even with all those hidden treasures that you posted about!

Amy said...

Oooh! Thanks for the comments and the visit. You are welcome to adopt the name June. I actually am hoping some more Junes show up in the world. :)

And Bisbee was so great. Actually the whole area - the place we stayed at. I didn't realize there was a river with *actual water* in it anywhere in southern AZ.

Heidi said...

Amen to what Ingrid said! You are one of those women who those of us who have a hard time losing the post baby weight envy! Knowing you, you'll be running marathons shortly after. Hey, forget the marathons, running after 4 kids will be exercise enough :) You look beautiful!

Becca said...

but you deserve attention anyway. i enjoy your writing and you have a beautiful family. i love that you are recording pregnancy number 4. i don't think i even recorded pregnancy number 1.... i'm inspired by your writing to your spouse and children!

Michelle said...

I feel your pain- I think most pregnant women feel this about themselves. But, you are so beautiful and I can only imagine that you'll look at least as good as before if not better. And I second the name June! It almost was Daisy's first name but got bumped to her middle name- to my dismay. I give in too easily. And Rose does remember both Lucy and Seth! Especially the wood chips and dirt. I too wish I could visit with you and have our kids just play.

Tasha said...

I know, it is a huge sacrifice. 9 months later, here I sit, very unhappy with the uninvited, lingering like the guests who don't get that the party ended LONG ago, the hosts are tired, and they should depart allready...