Tuesday, March 25, 2008

12:45 in the Afternoon

I'm sitting here and it is awfully quiet--wonderfully quiet. A much needed respite with a spouse out of town. I'm sitting here tugging at the elastic on my pants breathing out, "oh my gosh" because ohmygosh, I'm so uncomfortable and should go lay down. Just a little more though, before the quiet ends and someone needs something wiped or fetched or patted. Seth's preschool teacher told me that she doesn't envy me at all. Thanks? She couldn't decide which was harder: her two teenagers and two toddlers or my soon-to-be four at four and under. I decided for her, in my mind. Doctors appointment today--the gates are still shut tight. The baby must have "dropped" because of the above mentioned discomfort that started yesterday at Costco and lasted all through the late night news. Needless to say, the laundry did not get started. Craig called from the campus of Duke University and didn't give me much to go on except, "good, good". He'll call me back. Sigh. Anxious. Tired. Glad for the quiet. Just ate both sticks of a whole Twix.



And for those of you doubting my pregnant state from my appearance in the last photo, doubt no longer:


15 comments:

Jenny Dahl said...

Sorry for your discomfort but I must say that you carry this pregnancy thing off so well. You look darling!

rebecca said...

You do look great. I can't believe how close you are! I hope you get to enjoy a few more quiet moments - how long is Craig gone for this time? I can't wait to hear about your job searching!

aubrey said...

mmm twix. you're a cute, little pregnant woman!

Shannon said...

Oh! If only I could be a sveldt pregnant woman like you. I might have four.

Ann said...

Pretty prego!

Ingrid said...

Perfectly Prego!

Tasha said...

You do look great! I know, its so uncomfortable at this point! Eat the twix! (wasn't it milky way with Hazel?) Any names you are considering? I really can't wait to hear where you end up!

Rebecca said...

Whoa! That is one pregnant woman, and a great looking one at that. M

Sara said...

You look FABULOUS darling! Sorry to hear you are so uncomfortable! Glad to hear you ate a whole Twix!

Jessica said...

What a beautiful baby belly!

Kurt Knudsen said...

Honeydew melon on the outside and miracle on the in!

Carol said...

So, what did you decide in your mind? 2 teenagers and 2 toddlers or your beautiful little brood? I LOVE quiet moments...while they last. By the way, you look absolutely amazing!

Michelle said...

You look wonderfully pregnant! And two sticks of twix- heaven!

Mark said...

wow. you look so awesome. I love it. I sure do love your blog too, I need to take some lessons from you in creativity, you're really good at this.

michelle said...

I think you look amazing! I always wanted to be a cute pregnant woman, it never happened. Only one more month!