Friday, February 15, 2008

A Week of Love Letters: to New York City






Dear Big Apple,

Now that I've left my love and my heart safely tucked at home with my family (along with a fully stocked fridge and instructions to "just keep the children alive"), I'm coming for a four-day affair with you. You've promised to be part chills and wintry weather, but all magic. After a red-eye flight I'll try and keep my eyes open to greet three other pregnant sisters, their spouses, the parents (thank you in advance), and Ben, to peek at Mr. Lauer on the TODAY show. Then you'll offer your myriad of windows for some eye candy (aka "window shopping"), before we sample cinnamon jerky in Chinatown, fine dining on 5th Avenue, fine art at the MOMA, and Pastrami on rye at Carnegie Deli. As our days together and my feet "wear on" we'll feast on your street vendor fare to save room for four Broadway blockbusters. Sunday breakfast will include popovers and a stroll through the American Museum of Natural History and the Met! You are impressive and always out to impress. Yet, Monday will come and it will be easy to bid farewell--after Takashimaya, Trump Tower, and Tiffany & Co.--because my true loves await me back on the mainland.
Kisses,
Jordan


10 comments:

Jenny said...

Hope you have a blast!!

Tasha said...

Have a great trip! I wish we could meet up by chance like we did last time!

Julia said...

Oh man, I hope you have a great time (and that we can run into each other at some point). I hope you are going to Popover Cafe on 86th and Amsterdam on Sunday morning-- it is a favorite brunch place. You will have fun, and the weather will be beautiful but a little cold today and tomorrow, we may be free of rain until Monday!

Amy said...

My heart both soared & sank reading this...I too love NY, and hope you have a fantastic visit!

Elizabeth said...

Can't wait to hear your recap. Have fun!

rebecca said...

It has finally arrived! Did you read a book on the plane???? Enjoy, enjoy!!!

amy m said...

Have so much fun in the big city.

Ingrid said...

I can't wait to hear all about it! What a fantastic trip!!!

Amy W. said...

Sounds heavenly! Have a wonderful time!

michelle said...

Every woman (especially a pregnant one!) deserves a trip like this. Oh, the freedom!