Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Week of Love Letters: to Lucy Fae

Dear Lucy,


We were on a walk the other day and you kept stumbling, scraping your knee. I tried to get you to "just walk", one foot in front of the other. But you kept up your skip/hop/bounce/run and shouted, "I am walking!!" I realized I was trying to change a fundamental part of my Lucy. You are your own person, and I suspect there will always be a bounce in your step. You are hilarious. We'll hear a little toot from the back seat followed by, "Who did that?!" When I say, Lucy that was you, you are quick to pin it on Hazel or Seth (and sometimes Daddy). You are rich with personality, always a step ahead, strong, yet appropriately sensitive. Your life won't be an easy one, you will demand a lot from it, but it will surely be full. You are your own woman. I love you to pieces.


Love,


Your Mom





4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yes, Lucy will run through life! And have fun. I love Lucy. M

Ann said...

I love Lucy to pieces too!

The Original Mangums said...

Such a bundle of energy and joy! I can hardly wait to see you! I love you Lucy! Nana

Heidi said...

I have one of those too!