Monday, February 11, 2008

A Week of Love Letters: to Hazel Rae

Dear Hazel,


I love you. You bring smiles out of extinction. When witnessing you in action, they always say, "She just goes and goes!" You've got a lot to keep up with (or put up with), like being left in your highchair for way too long until finally someone notices your moaning or always being on the fringes of Seth and Lucy's "busy" lives. You are the treat. Your life has seemed to go too too quickly: you walked right at one year, you are already telling us goodnight and calling your parents by name, and your molars are pushing through for heaven's sake. Not to mention a new little sister to bump you right out of the "baby" spot in the family. I can tell we will always be close. You're my little helper already, throwing legos into the bin with such authority, bringing me the batteries from the remote, and always ready to back up and take a seat in my lap when I find myself on the floor. I've said it before, the third times a charm(er)!


Love,


Your Mom





8 comments:

Ann said...

Cute letters Jord, your kids will love reading them when they get older.

Rebecca said...

I love Hazel Rae too! Here's to the charmer! M

Michelle said...

What sweet words and photos- Hazel is lucky to have you. Letters to your children are a great idea!

michelle said...

That little Hazel is a doll. It sure is strange to think about her being displaced from the baby position soon! I have a feeling she can hold her own.

Amy said...

I was excited to come see your next *love letter*. Love the "third time's a charm(er)".

Elizabeth said...

I love your letters. I have atheory about the 3rd time a charm(er) too. We are sure hoping for that.

Ingrid said...

LOVING THESE! 3rd time's a charm(er) indeed!

The Original Mangums said...

Little Hazel Rae, we sure love her, she is a charmer. It will be so nice to get to know her a little better in May. We sure are proud of our little Arizona Baby. Love Nana