Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Week of Love Letters: to Craig

Dear Man of My Dreams,

You say you chose me, but just as much, I chose you. And you have learned over the past seven years that I do not choose lightly. I deliberate at the drive-thru, hours can tick away at Target, I'd rather not say anything than say it wrong, and when the choice is made, you have learned, I am not easily swayed in the other direction. I will never be swayed from you, even when I am the one to make the fierce winds blow. You see me laundering, cooking, sweeping, wiping, scolding, dressing, bathing, sleeping (uh wait, you don't see me do this), but all along all I'm really doing is longing for you. You have huge long creases around your smile and I want to crawl inside. The other day I saw you for about 5 minutes. You came and went. I had to pry the girls away from the door after you closed it behind you. Though I wasn't really with them wailing out the window as you walked away with "eyelids dragging on the floor leaving snail tracks behind", I really was. I just love you and all the rest just gets in the way, "and that is worth a donut in the morning or a coffee cake during sunrise or somethin' like that".

Love,


Your adoring wife




PS Happy Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

LCFrohm said...

Happy Valentine's Day!
Hope your day is filled with love.
Lindsay

Ingrid said...

Happy Valentine's Day. I love this little peak into the love you both share. Beautiful.

The Original Mangums said...

Thank you for loving my son! You are special and we love all 5 1/2 of you. Happy Valentine's DAY!

amy m said...

beautiful. So beautiful.

Crystalyn said...

jordan, please, please write a book. i drink your words right up and they are not even for me.