Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Week of Love Letters: to "Baby Girl"



Dear Baby Girl,


I don't know anything about you yet, well, you kick and kick. But, as the fourth one, you will have to combat many things. Your older brother's bossiness and kisses for one. Lucy will, by the time you care, be a second mother, I think. She'll care for you and corral you into her amazing world. Hazel will probably be your toughest battle, because you'll be so close in age--when you are born, really, she will still be a baby. The greatest thing, though, is that their love for you is immediate. I love you now because you're really everything to me at this point. You rule my roost, so to speak, and we pray for you every night (right before we play duck duck goose). Soon, (because things these days happen sooner than later and I'm learning not to wait around), it will be nice to have another goose in the circle and another voice to add to our prayers.



Love,



Your Mom

9 comments:

S. Schuller said...

Oh, how sweet. I love reading what you write. What a lucky fourth child, and daughter!

Christine said...

Good to see you're still chuggin away! You've got a nice plump healthy belly there. What's the actual due date?

nie nie said...

dear baby girl,

your mother is very wonderful too.


love your auntie stephanie


(well, not really but sort of)

Melissa said...

Lucky baby girl!!!

Amy said...

Beautiful words & beautiful belly!

Heidi said...

What a great idea!

michelle said...

I am loving the love letter idea -- brilliant!

Ingrid said...

I am also loving the love letter idea.

The Original Mangums said...

We can hardly wait to meet our new little girl! She is so lucky to have you two for parents.
We sure love you. Paula