Friday, February 22, 2008

Ten Years Ago...



...the above photo was taken. Ten years ago there were also huge things on the brink that weren't so much as a glimmer in my eye: a "sabbatical" in Ireland, an engagement made and broken, a year and a half in Russia, finding my purpose in Craig, a big move to the swamp, a son, a daughter, a big move to the desert, then two more daughters (one still a cookin'), and so much in between it all. Below, ten years after the above photo, I'm still smiling with a few more creases, a little more sag, some extra aches, but a heap more contentedness.

Today, 30 weeks pregnant, one napping, two being hushed, and my Craig out looking for a job, it feels there is so much more on this brink. Can't wait, really.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It is amazing to think back ten years at where you were at, not knowing where you were headed.
Yeah for 30 weeks!

Katy said...

I love it!

Michelle said...

What fun photos! And I am the happy recipient of one of your brinks:). I'm so glad we know each other! I agree with you full heartedly I too look forward to the next brink- we are in the same boat, looking for jobs and deciding what is the best place to work. Good luck with that- it really is all so exciting!