Friday, February 01, 2008

Pregnancy Notes: Week 27





In a lot of ways I feel like a silhouette when I'm with child. The details are lost. A darkened outline is all that can be determined as you move through these days, preparing for the birth. Inside that outline you are all-consumed by what is happening: the growth of another life. But, the daily tasks don't elude you. Life around still swirls and spins. I love to lie on my back, fingers spread across my belly. The movement below my hands is my "still". All the detail I need in this nine-month silhouette.

13 comments:

S. Schuller said...

Well said. Thanks for letting us "in" on your pregnancy. It's fascinating and I'm sure that baby is getting alot of good food because you eat so healthfully!

Ingrid said...

GORGEOUS photo!!!! Beautiful words.

Heidi said...

Beautiful! How great to be able to be so close to such beautiful scenery!

Melissa said...

I wish I could have enjoyed my first pregnancy more. I was so anxious to get it over with, that I didn't take the time to really reflect. Maybe you appreciate those quite moments with your belly more when you are so busy caring for the others. I love that picture!

rebecca said...

I love that photo of you and your baby. I relate to the "silhouette" imagery - mingled with so many details.

Amy said...

I love that photo!

Shawna B. said...

My beautiful friend. Frame this!

Natasha said...

That is just a beautiful picture!

Elizabeth said...

What a great pregnancy photo. I will have to try a silhouette.

Radiantsun said...

That picture looks like a cat's eye! neat!

annalisa said...

I love how poetically you capture life, both linguistically and photographically.

amy m said...

I love these thoughts, it almost makes me want to be pregnant again. I love the stage your in.

How do you pack such a punch in so little words...a gift.

michelle said...

Gorgeous. I agree with Amy, you can say so much in so few words!