Monday, January 14, 2008

Two Days Later...

Here, Jacob was "just married" and minutes away from embarking on his honeymoon. I'm pregnant with Hazel. We share a birthday month only two days apart (plus three years). We've shared many a birthday dinner together as well. The one thing that sticks out the most to me about Jake is his guilelessness. Guileless people are hard to get mad at and it is hard to get mad at Jacob no matter what he does. He cares for those around him in his own strong and silent way. Megan is lucky to have him and, I must add, he's lucky to have her!! They balance eachother and I hope someday we will be a little closer geographically, becaauce, frankly, they're just cool people to hang out with! Happy Birthday Jacob! I love you.

9 comments:

Kurt Knudsen said...

Guilelessness is one of Jacob's best qualities.
Jordan, are you saying your mom and I were slackers and combined your birthday dinners? I don't remember that...

michelle said...

As a parent, it would be hard to have children with birthdays two days apart! Guilelessness, what a wonderful, rare quality.

Jordan said...

Dad, the combined dinners were per mine and Jacob's request once we were a bit older. No slacking on your part!! (:

Rebecca said...

I love this picture of you two.

amy m said...

I agree, it's hard having family living far away. This is such a great picture of you, looks almost summertime, and you don't look pregnant at all.

Amy said...

I love most the commentary between you & your dad here! My dream come true would be all my siblings living in one spot. When it comes down to it in our grown up state, they're definitely the people I enjoy most.

Katy said...

I don't ever remember m&d combining your birthdays. We have August 23 & 24 to celebrate birthdays and I even made 2 different cakes last year.

nie nie said...

oh that cute jacob. i really had a crush on him when i was 16...in fact he was the first person to give me a birthday card..it was a huge deal for me.

Ingrid said...

My girls are two days apart (just a few days shy of two years). They declared the day inbetween Sister's Day so we celebrate for three straight days!!!