Wednesday, January 02, 2008

This Is Why People Live/Stay in Phoenix



We had a couple cold-enough-for-a-coat days here and now, I think, today the official "outdoor weather" season has started for us (it lasts until about mid May). Just in time for a surprise visit from my parents, arriving tomorrow (hooray!). When my mom asked about the weather I said, "Well, I'm wearing flip-flops and a jacket. It's flip-flop/jacket weather." So today we headed to the park during Craig's nap time and then finished off the daylight hours with "driveway play".

So far so good, as far as 2008 goes.

11 comments:

misadventuresofkellyandkelly said...

So jealous as we woke up to negative wind chills and a high of 14 degrees!! I need a vacation.

Amy said...

Today was gorgeous, I'll admit. I was sandal sweatered in the backyard with the boys...teaching D to master the pedaling on his big bike. And I promised the park tomorrow.

Here's to hoping it truly lasts until mid-May. November was far too cruel for my taste this year.

Enjoy your surprise visitors!

Kelly said...

This time of year I'm always aching a bit for some Arizona sunshine and some flip flop and a jacket days.

Enjoy!

Jeni said...

I LOVE flip flop/jacket weather. That's what we've had lately except for NOW: it's 30 degrees here! Crazy...it makes me not want to go outside.

Ingrid said...

I am ALL about flip flop weather, but for some reason, it has been in the 30s here in Florida and I am loving the change. It will be back in the 70s and 80s by the weekend...

I look forward to hearing about your fun visit with the Grandparents...

Tasha said...

So jealous! Our high is 15 today. Why can't we all have 65 degrees all year round? Have so much fun with your parents!

Elizabeth said...

Flip flop jacket weather is my favorite kind. Have fun with your parents.

Shannon said...

Loved the 2007 excerpt.

rebecca said...

Have fun with your fam!

michelle said...

Oh, I've been waiting to find out why people live/stay in Phoenix! I'm glad to know that it lasts for several months.

amy m said...

I can see that now while I'm freezing cold and we're stuck inside, but I think I would really miss the snowmen.