Friday, January 11, 2008

Pregnancy Notes: Week 24

you can barely see my little feet poking out from this angle

I'm intrigued at the workings of this process, because for me, it is like clockwork: 1st 12 weeks is sick sick sick tired tired tired (probably the worst of it for me), 2nd 12 weeks is watch out world, Mama's got her energy back, aka nesting, aka feeling fat but groovy (the best of it for me), 3rd 12 weeks: the fatigue settles back in with heartburn and achy legs as its companions. We won't even touch on the last few weeks at this point.

So, I'm tired. And feeling rather done with this whole reproducing stage. I guess this part of the pregnancy could be coined the "pondering part". I find myself craving big substantial goals and thinking really long term; dwelling on life change and betterment and stuff like that.
Other than that, baby girl is as long as an ear of corn (and if she's anything like our other girls, she's the longest ear in the bushel). At 150+ beats per minute, she seems to have a strong heart. I hope this translates into a strong will, a strong mind, and a strong sense of self. I'm finding this life takes a bit more strength than I anticipated.
One more thing. I'm turning 30 tomorrow. Cheers!

12 comments:

michelle said...

Pregnancy really does take a lot out of you. I'm sorry the fatigue has set in again. I would imagine deep thoughts and pondering would be a lot better if you had a lot of quiet time in which to do them, but take what you can get!

Krista said...

Your belly is looking fantastic! Happy birthday tomorrow, too!
I can relate so well to your pregnancy "schedule", it's exactly like mine, the whole bit.

aubrey said...

what a cute belly! and happy birthday tomorrow!! the last trimester was the hardest for me this last time around. i don't think i slept a consecutive amount of time the entire three months.

misadventuresofkellyandkelly said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow! And you have a cute belly.

ingrid said...

HAPPY 30th Birthday! Welcome to the 30s! It's great! (Well, these first 4 1/2 months have been...)

Jeni said...

Nice bump.

Kelly said...

That's the cutest shot of your little tummy. I loved the feet peeking out.

And, most importantly, Happy Birthday! Enjoy 30!

Jill said...

That's a darling photo. You're amazing to be doing all you do for your cute family. Reproduction is exhausting, particularly when you already have three tiny people needing you constantly. You're a champ!

Happy 30th!!

Natasha said...

Happy 30th Birthday!!

Kurt Knudsen said...

Happy Happy Birthday Jord!
Love,
Dad
PS Pick up

Katherine said...

Yeah! Happy Birthday Jordan! I actually will probably always remember your birthday because it's the same birthday as my first boyfriend's and the day before my husbands. Hope you have a great one!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! 30 is such a fantastic age to Be!