Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Bless This Mess

This is the sight that greeted me this morning. The sound was of Lucy sobbing over her stolen cookies. The thief: Seth. At 7:30 I sent them all back to their rooms and I went back to mine. For a re-start. Until Hazel's pleading from the back room could no longer be ignored. What a mess. Bless it. After scrubbing the caked on everything of last nights feeding, we began our Wednesday. Ingloriously, even less glamorously. But bless it. Bless it all, because it is mine, and really, when it comes down to it--when I come down from the rafters in my head--it is all just what I wanted (minus, perhaps, a little of the noise).

6 comments:

Katy said...

It's nice to someone's mess besides my own. Thank you.

Rebecca said...

If you can bless the messes you have it all figured out.
M

Tasha said...

You are so right on, as always. I find myself silently chanting "This is exactally what I wanted..." and it is! minus the mess, and the noise!

Love you!

Julia said...

Jordan-- thank you! I came home to a pile of unfolded laundry, a messy kitchen, and a message from a husband who isn't coming home. Bless this mess-- it is my home, and he is mine.

ingrid said...

I really like how you have the Articles of Faith framed on your wall. Where did you find that or did you print it yourself?

You know, I just love a well lived in home. Bless you and your sweet littles, and enjoy the mess!

ASHONTHELAWN said...

this post has been on my mind since i read it a few days ago. thanks jordan for your mind and your writing.