Thursday, December 20, 2007

Soup Week: Day Four

Soy Ginger Soup With Tofu and Noodles

If there ever was a meal in a bowl, this is it. I found this Soy Ginger Broth at...yes, you guessed it...Trader Joe's! It could be the base for so many yummy concoctions. Here is the one I came up with (actually just stuff in the bottom of my fridge).

3-4 Cups Soy Ginger Broth (or add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, fresh ginger, and a splash of sesame oil)
3-4 slices fresh ginger (I don't even peel it)
6-7 broccoli spears cut into small pieces
2 cups sliced green cabbage
5 ounces any noodle ( I used angel hair here because that's what i had on hand, but soba noodles would also be delicious and nutritious)
3 green onions sliced on diagonal
1/2 package Tofu, cubed, (first place between paper towels with a weight on top to drain)
Bring broth to boil in sauce pan with ginger slices (I also added a few extra splashes of soy sauce and a drop or two of sesame oil here). Add broccoli, cabbage, and noodles, cook until noodles are tender. Add cubed tofu and green onions. Serve piping hot, of course, with chopstickes and a glass spoon (if you have one on hand). After dowing two bowls, Craig exclaimed, "This is freakin' good!"
Come back tomorrow for more!!!

5 comments:

aubrey said...

fantastic. that looks delicious!

Tasha said...

That looks delicious, though I don't know if I could get the folks in my house to do the tofu. There is no TJ's here, I wonder if I can find that broth somewhere else?

rebecca said...

I think I will love this one! Thanks!

Rebecca said...

I would love some of that broth! Yum. That cinches it--I have to live by Trader Joes!
M

Jordan said...

Yes you do, Mom.