Thursday, December 13, 2007

"Missionary Christmas"

"Missionary Christmas, missionary Christmas, missionary Christmas"...and a Happy New Year!!

This is how Lucy has been singing the old familiar carol. It is somewhat appropriate since the Missionaries will be dining with us for Christmas Eve dinner. I'm not stewing a big pork roast with its sauerkraut (in my new cast iron pot) all for naught! It will be nice to extend the place settings a bit, since it is just us two and our tiny three this year.

This morning, Hazel, Craig and I finished our Christmas shopping. I should have picked something up for the missionaries.

11 comments:

Amy said...

It must have been bliss to be out with just your honey and your youngest. Yay for preschool...and for finished shopping, of course!

Kelly and Kelly said...

nice pot!!

Rebecca said...

I can't believe how big Hazel looks in that picture! Yeah for saurkraut!
M

Ann said...

That is nice of you to have the missionaries over. I was in Ecuador for two Christmases and nobody ever invited us over! It isn't celebrated with as much vigor as it is here

The Original Mangums said...

Some of our most fond memories have been when it was just our little family! Enjoy the missionaries and start your own triditions, it will be wonderful!
Wish we could be there, Paula

ingrid said...

Love sauerkraut and that you have it as your traditional Christmas Eve feast!

(I tried to look through your archives - Could you send me a link to your photo albums?) Thanks!

rebecca said...

She does look so big!

Michelle said...

How fun to cook for people. Sauer kraut sounds so wonderful. I love your cast iron pot. I got one for mothers day and for some reason all things seem better cooked in it.

Jenny Dahl said...

Lucky missionaries and lucky gal to be at IKEA!

Shannon said...

Those are lucky missionaries to be eating at your house. My Missionary Christmas is so vivid in my mind. They do need a little something to open on Christmas day.

michelle said...

Missionary Christmas -- how sweet! They are lucky missionaries for sure.