Tuesday, December 11, 2007

An Already Glowing Complexion

Her ribs look good. So does her nose and her lips and she has a nicely shaped head. She, in short, is beautiful. All of my children are beautiful. I daily stand in awe of their brilliance, character, and capacity. They are remarkable human beings, so much so that I regularly fall short of keeping up with them.

I apologize for my complaints (that seem to land "chez Lucy" of late). No matter how prettily I put them, that is what they are. Who am I to complain about four miracles? Though I am perhaps overwhelmed with the scope of the task to which I wake each day, and though I feel four will round us out-- mostly for the sake of my state of mind (see, there I go complaining prettily), I can't imagine stopping these miracles from coming into my life. There is nothing like watching it happen. You can imagine, as a woman, what it must be to feel it happening inside of you.

After seeing the above photo, Seth said, "We should name the new baby Zackey."

13 comments:

Panooch said...

Jo, she is beautiful. It was good to "chat" tonight and I cannot wait to live closer to one another. Don't forget to check out Pandora!

Jeni said...

Zackey...I like it:)

Shannon said...

Miracle!

Jordan said...

Panooch, likewise.

rebecca said...

They are so lucky to have such a mother, complaining maybe, but only because you *feel* it all, so deeply.

ingrid said...

I agree with Rebecca that you feel it all so deeply. So is Seth saying Jackie or Zachary? Perhaps he foresees a little brother? :)

Rebecca said...

Another amazing little miracle!
M

Michelle said...

you see things as they are at the moment good or bad- all very honest. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. You're a wonderful person and by the way we received your card and it was so beautiful, thank you.

Kurt Knudsen said...

Thank you for grandchild number nine!

Ann said...

Opposition in all things right? I remember one time you substituted our 13 year old sunday school class and taught us about opposition in all things. You said if we had a good hair day everyday then we wouldn't appreciate it. 14 years later, I still remember that lesson you shared with us. Gotta have the bad to see and appreciate the good.

Jenny Dahl said...

Indeed you have 4 beautiful babes that come from a beautiful mom!

The Original Mangums said...

Beautiful baby girl, we are so lucky! Love you, Paula

michelle said...

Your children are beautiful. And, it is so amazing to feel those babies growing within us. And to deliver them. There is nothing like it in the world! Before I had Eva, I just knew I was not finished with all that yet. And after I had Eva, I just knew that I was. Such an individual decision, based largely on my part on our abilities to cope with these miracles of ours!